The building at 51 Walden houses a large performance and audience space with stages at both ends. One stage is for theatrical productions and the other is for musical groups. Depending on the staging of a performance, audience capacity in the hall is as many as 350. We also have a lobby area for receptions and a dance studio which is rented to teachers for a wide variety of classes, including creative movement for children, hip-hop, and Irish step dancing.
In 2018-19, we conducted a Capital Campaign called Access 51, to raise funds for bringing our facility up to date with respect to accessibility. We successfully met our goal of $500,000, which allowed us to make several substantial improvements:
- Green Room bathrooms updated/remodeled and connected to Town sewer
- Primary restrooms updated/remodeled
- Accessible restroom made fully ADA compliant
- Lift-Jack purchased for stage accessibility
- Diaper-changing station installed in accessible restroom
- New ADA compliant drinking fountains installed in lobby
- Front steps and rails completely rebuilt
- AED Device installed near lobby
We intend to utilize remaining balance for the design and implementation of a ventilation system for the main performance hall.
We would like to extend a Big Thank You to all who contributed to our Access 51 Campaign!